Labour market and careers information consultancy and training | careers resources development and writing.
- Do you have a training need around LMI and the labour market for careers guidance practitioners, careers leaders or teaching staff?
- Are you looking for support with careers information and resources?
- Do you want to give out clear messages about the labour market to your students or clients?
I am a Chartered Information Professional and Registered Career Development Professional and have been working in the career guidance sector for 20 years.
I provide a wide range of services around career and labour market information and intelligence with the ultimate aim of supporting young people and adults to make informed choices when planning their careers.
“Job seekers today – young, old and those in between – are facing a highly complex labour market with ever-changing characteristics. High quality labour market intelligence that is engaging and within context is a must for those making important decisions about their future career.“
My current portfolio of work includes:
- CPD training for careers practitioners: including co-presenting the Insight into LMI workshop for the CDI, level 6 LMI unit training, and practical insights into Gatsby Benchmark 2 and 4 for careers leaders and whole school staff
- Consultancy around providing high quality careers information such as libraries and online resources support (including for The Quality in Careers Standard in association with Ideas4Careers)
- Resources development such as lesson plans, leaflets and guides on local and national labour markets to make learning about LMI engaging, easy to understand and relevant
- conference workshops
- careers writing
- National Careers Week ambassador
I am well known in the careers guidance sector and am a strong believer that an emphasis on ‘high quality’ information, advice and guidance (IAG) will help people to access what they need to plan their future career and to aim high. But for this to happen, we all need to understand what that means!