These are the organisations I am working with or who I have been associated with since setting up Archway Careers in 2015.
The Career Development Institute (CDI)
Prospects Services/National Careers Service (West Midlands)
Nottingham Trent University
National Careers Week
Norfolk County Council
Futures Advice, Skills and Employment Professional Development Centre
Suffolk County Council
Coventry County Council
Some of the training I’ve delivered and events I’ve presented at include:
- Keynote speaker at the Enterprise Village Careers Leaders Conference 2019 (on behalf of National Careers Week)
- National Career Education and Learning Conference 2018 | University of Derby and CDI on behalf of Ideas4Careers
- School staff training on Gatsby Benchmarks 2 and 4 for the Careers Local Grant 2017-18 (through Ideas4Careers)
- Workshop at the Enterprise Village Careers Leaders Conference 2018
- Insight into Labour Market Information | CDI (twice yearly training event)
- Careers Local CPD training (integrating LMI) for school staff | Various schools on behalf of Ideas4Careers across D2N2.
- CEIAG Networking Conference 2018 | Connexions Sandwell
- Worcestershire Skills Show | Worcestershire County Council on behalf of the National Careers Service in the West Midlands
- Adviser LMI training 2016 and 2018 | Nottingham Trent University
- Using social media to support careers advice and guidance | Futures PDC
- Future Skills in the West Midlands webinar | Prospects Services
- United Nations adviser training webinar (LMI) 2017 | Futures PDC
- The Changing Labour Market/Using LMI in Schools CPD workshops | Prospects Services
- Annual Careers Conference 2016 | Ideas4Careers
Articles and publications
Way back in 2005 I developed the idea of a booklet for Nottinghamshire young people on the world of work including information on the local labour market (What Work in Nottinghamshire). Over the years, I researched and created bespoke versions for locations across the UK including all the East Midlands areas, Hull and Humberside, Newark and Sherwood, Devon, Bournemouth and Poole, Torbay, Cornwall and Somerset.
The latter versions of these were written under the National Careers Service banner for the four separate East Midlands counties and seven Central Eastern areas and included versions for adults. This content was shared with other organisations as examples of good practice and I often find the content popping up in similar publications around the UK.
Publications, articles and web copy include:
- The labour market: how to find the best information for you in Career Journeys for Young People: a starter guide for parents and carers published 2019
- Norfolk Work and Skills Information and guidance for young people aged 13-19 and Norfolk Work and Skills lesson plans | Norfolk County Council
- Guide to organising and managing work experience placements for schools and colleges | Norfolk County Council
- Set of motivational posters | Prospects Services,West Midlands
- National Careers Service West Midlands sector leaflets
- LMI, Gatsby and the future of work: a new approach for schools Careers Matters April 2016 Issue 4.2
- A Journey into LMI: group work activities for Key Stage 4 | National Careers Service
- What will the future job market be like?
- 20 top jobs of the future
- Social media: a useful tool for jobhunting
- STEM: more career choices for girls
- GCSEs: making the right choices with your children