I offer a range of in-person or virtual training for a variety of audiences. Topics I regularly cover include:
- CPD training on the current and future labour market for teachers, careers advisers and employment advisers in a variety of settings
- INSET training for teachers on Gatsby Benchmarks 2 and 4 and delivering careers and labour market information in the curriculum
- Researching and presenting local labour market information.
- An introduction to sources of LMI and using LMI resources effectively
- How to evaluate resources for quality
- Labour Market Information units for the OCR Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development and Level 4 Diploma in Career Information and Advice Diploma.
I have many years of experience providing support to careers leaders in secondary schools. These typically tie in with the Quality in Careers Standard, in particular the information unit:
- Managing careers information in school including careers libraries including recommended resources
- Setting up a careers hub on your school website
- How to effectively embed labour market information (LMI) into school careers programmes
- Help with researching relevant local labour market information for students
Are you looking for local labour market information that’s relevant for the young people in your area? I can offer bespoke local labour market content for leaflets, posters, presentations and websites.
I write for a wide range of clients – publications include Norfolk Work and Skills guide for young people, LMI lesson plans for a variety of organisations, book contributions, and I write regular blog posts on a wide range of career-related topics.
Check out some of my most popular articles: